In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is AFS Aviation Limited (company number 08070176) of Lasham Airfield, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 5SP.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page every so often to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What Personal Information We Collect
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide when using our website. This includes information you give us when registering to use our website and when placing an order with us through our web shop.
- Details of the transactions you carry out through our web shop and the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of our correspondence with you.
What We Do With The Personal Information We Gather
We use your personal information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. We also use your personal information for marketing purposes. Below is a list of the ways in which we will use your personal information:
- To carry out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us.
- For internal record keeping purposes.
- To improve our products and services, for example by sending you questionnaires or product review forms by post for you to complete.
- To send you promotional information by post about our products, special offers and other information which we think you may find interesting.
- To send you promotional information by post about third parties and their products, services, special offers and other information which we think you may find interesting.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
If you place an order with us through our website, you will be required to pay for your order through Worldpay or other similar third party payment processor. To enable these third parties to process your payment, they will collect and process certain personal information about you. Please review their privacy policies to make sure you are comfortable with the ways in which they will process your personal information.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information we collect through our website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of personal information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive by websites that you visit. Cookies help analyse web traffic and let you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
We use the following cookies on our website:
|Shopping Cart Cookie||woocommerce_cart_hash||We use this cookie to track information about the shopping cart.|
|Items Cookie||woocommerce_items_in_cart||We use this cookie to track information about the shopping cart.|
|Session Cookie||wp_woocommerce_session||We use this cookie to maintain a unique code for each user session and links the user to their relevant shopping cart.|
No personal information is stored within these cookies.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Links To Other Websites
Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
We will not provide your personal information to any other person, business or organisation except:
- To our third party carriers to allow your order to be delivered to you.
- To credit reference companies to carry out credit checks on you.
- If AFS Aviation Limited (and/or its subsidiaries) or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our legal rights against you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of AFS Aviation Ltd, our subsidiaries, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with others for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. Should you wish to be removed from our marketing database you may do this by emailing us at email@example.com.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to AFS Aviation Limited, Lasham Airfield, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 5SP.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.